Sunday, September 27, 2009

EGYPTIAN RUUUUUUUUNS!!

So the past two weeks I have had the opportunity to go and visit Egypt, one of the greatest wonders of the world! I had an amazing time there and wish our trip could have been just a little longer. Our group was able to tour all throughout Egypt itself while visiting some of the most incredible sites in this world. Just a brief detailed list of only a few adventures we were able to explore: The great pyramids-in which we were able to climb inside to the burial tomb. It was really hot and claustrophobic but I did make it- The burial tombs of some of the greatest Pharaohs in Valley of the Kings, camel rides, sailing the Nile river at sunset, horse carriage rides in Luxor, the Mummy museum where we got to see King Tut and Ramses as well as other past Pharaohs, SHOPPING (Yes, I have come to master the bargaining system:) And the last but not least, we were able to climb Mt. Sinai at 2am! That was such an incredible experience and I would do it again in a heart beat. It's a 4.5 mile hike up-and I mean up- and once we got to the top we were able to watch the sun rise above the clouds...BEAUTIFUL! I must admit, that was the happiest I have ever been at 3 in the morning, while dangling my legs over the cliff of the most amazing peak in the world!

On the other hand there were a few downfalls about Egypt, surprising I know. You can't eat any fresh veggies or fruit, you can't drink the water, and you feel like you are on a carb diet the entire time. Unfortunately there were a few lucky souls who faced the famous stomach cramping... low and behold I was one of them! We call it the Egyptian runs, and Im sure you can figure out why we have named it the way we have. It feels as if you are Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz and the tornado is about to strike home... It's a rough life. If only I could click my heels so it will all go away... "There's no place like home"

Overall I am having the time of my life, despite the tornados. It seems as if I am always saying that, but it is so true! I have truely been blessed to have been given such great opportunities to travel and learn in different parts of the world. I am so grateful for what I have been given as well as all the great people I have met on the way. Nothing would be as good as it is without the awesome individuals that have inspired me to become a better person!

No comments: